Manitoba Moving Companies
If you’ve decided to move your household to Manitoba, keep your possessions safe and sound during the move with the professional assistance of the best moving companies Manitoba. Hercules holds the reputation of reliable Canadian movers, which are ready to assist with any type of move.
Moving to Manitoba for Living
Living in Winnipeg, the capital of MB, or any other cities in the province means living in a place surrounded by friendly and generous people, with an excellent education system, plenty of festivals, and events.
Manitoba is home for more than 100,000 lakes and many provincial parks, at which most locals enjoy their family holidays. Manitoba remains one of the least expensive provinces to live in, including the purchase of a home and living costs.
Moving to Manitoba from another province
Whether you are moving locally or require an interprovincial move to Manitoba, Hercules Moving Company can be your universal Canada wide mover. We are experienced in household and business moving from province to province, including long distance relocation to:
- British Columbia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
If you require storage while moving internationally, cross-border or locally, our experts will help to store your belongings safely. Our company provides clean, secure and temperature controlled storage solutions all across Canada, both for short and long term needs.
Moving out of Manitoba
Our dedicated consultant will prepare a plan for your move based on the needs and requirements of your family or business.
HMC Manitoba will gladly assist if you are moving out of Manitoba to another province or country. Check the most popular moving destination from Manitoba as searched online:
- moving companies MB to British Columbia
- moving companies MB to Ontario
- moving companies MB to Manitoba
- moving companies MB to Quebec
- moving companies MB to Saskatchewan
Planning Manitoba Moving
Depending on the type of move, we strongly advise you to prepare for the relocation in advance. Here are some essential preparation steps to do:
- Create a plan – develop a to-do list, assign each task on the calendar, prepare for your packing, and order packing materials. If you are a busy person and have decided not to pack yourself, call your moving company and ask for any details and assistance.
- Choosing a Moving Company – conduct your own research, ask friends for recommendations, look for reviews on the Internet and give a call to several of the most reliable moving companies in Manitoba.
- Label Belongings – whether you are doing the packing yourself or with the help of professional movers and packers, make sure you have labelled all boxes, cartons and rental bins.
- Unpacking Process – once you get to your home, it seems attractive to relax, but you have to unpack all the boxes and unwrap your furniture. Lucky you if you’ve booked unpacking services and can rest or take care of business while the professionals do their job.
Manitoba Moving Tips
Moving to a new province is not an easy task for neither business nor household relocation. Our experienced moving consultant will create a detailed plan for your move, which will include all necessary moving tips and advice. Here is a quick overview of the most important things to do while preparing for moving to Manitoba.
MB moving questions to Ask
When moving to Manitoba check if your company follows “Canada’s good practice guidelines for Canadian movers.” We have selected a few decisive questions to ask MB moving companies:
- Does the company provide the services itself or transfer the task to an agent?
- Does the company use their own equipment?
- Is the company licensed, bonded or insured?
- Who is responsible for packing, unpacking, damage or loss?
- Whose storage facilities will be used?
- Should all owner-packed boxes be sealed and labelled?
Pay careful attention to details and clauses that are stated in the contract. The estimate, mover’s name, description of the services provided, start and delivery dates, and terms of payment should be stated in the contract in writing.
MB moving address change
When you change your address, it is essential in Canada to notify government services about that change. Our moving specialists will provide you with a full list of government services that should be informed including:
- Service Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Employment Insurance
- Ministry of Health
- Canada Pension Plan
- Student loan providers
Also, it may be convenient for you to use an online service “Residents Portal of Manitoba” to change the address on your Health Card, Driver's Licence, Vehicle Registration and Outdoors Card.
Moreover, there is a list of institutions you may also want to notify, some of which are:
- Cable and telephone providers
- Insurance companies
- Banks or other financial institutions
- Doctors and dentists
- Magazine or newspaper subscriptions
MB moving tax credit return
You may be qualified for tax return and claim your moving expenses if:
- You moved to a new home in Manitoba with the purpose of running a business or working locally
- You moved to Manitoba to be a full-time student at a university, college or another post-secondary institution.
Another condition is your new home has to be located at least 40 kilometres closer to your new work or school. HMC Manitoba experts can guide you and help you fill forms, gather documents and advise you on moving expense tax returns.