Alberta Moving Companies
Planning on moving to Alberta, Canada? Leave the task of protecting your belongings during the move to professional moving companies AB. Hercules Moving Company holds the reputation of reliable Canada wide movers, and we are ready to assist with your move.
Full-Service Alberta Moving
Living in Edmonton, capital of AB, or any other Alberta city, you and your family will have the benefits of terrific weather and enjoyable outdoor activities like skiing, hiking, or a pleasant walk through the great outdoors. Alberta is also known for having low taxes and many job opportunities, which can help you to make a fresh start!
Many new businesses develop in Edmonton and Calgary on a daily basis, and stimulate job opportunities to abound in Alberta. Consequently, you may need the assistance of commercial movers AB to relocate your business to new locations or office. Hercules Moving Company offers both business and household moving in Alberta to any other Canadian province including:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Furthermore, our local and long distance movers can also assist with storing your items for both residential and commercial purposes. We offer quality and surveillance secured storage while you’re moving within Canada, both for the short and long term.
Planning Alberta Moving
Based on your circumstances, it’s strongly advisable that you prepare for moving well in advance. Here are some essential preparation steps to do:
- Create a Moving Plan – make a to-do list, place each task on the calendar, plan your packing and order packing materials. If you are too busy or just don’t want to spend time on this, call your moving company.
- Choosing a Moving Company – do your own research, ask for recommendations, read over reviews and call several of the most reliable moving companies in Alberta.
- Label Boxes – whether you are doing the packing yourself or with the help of professional movers and packers, make sure you have labelled all boxes, cartons and rental bins.
- Unpacking – once you move into your new home, it’ll be tempting to relax, but you still need to unpack all the boxes and unwrap all your furniture. Lucky for you if you’ve have booked unpacking services and can rest or execute other plans while the professionals do their job.
Moving out of Alberta
Our company will customize your move based on the needs and requirements of your family or business. Even if you have to move out of Alberta, HMC will deliver your goods to any province or international destination. Here is the list of the most popular moving destinations out of Alberta:
- moving companies AB to British Columbia
- moving companies AB to Ontario
- moving companies AB to Nova Scotia
Alberta Moving Tips
Moving to a new province, whether it’s Alberta or not, is a complex task both for businesses and households. Our experienced moving consultant will help create a detailed plan for your relocation with plenty of moving tips and advice.
Here is a quick overview of tasks to complete in preparation for your relocation to Alberta:
AB Moving Questions to Ask
When moving to another province be sure to check “Canada’s good practice guidelines for Canadian movers,” and don’t forget to confirm if your moving company follows its rules. Here are a few good questions to ask AB moving companies:
- Is the company licensed, bonded or insured?
- Who is responsible for packing, unpacking, damage or loss?
- Whose storage facilities will be used?
- Does the company have their own equipment?
- Should all owner packed boxes be sealed and labelled?
Be attentive to all the details and contract clauses. Estimates, insurance coverage and other responsibilities of the moving company should be stated in the contract. Each contract must include such elements as the moving company’s name, description of the services provided, pick up and delivery dates as well as the terms of payment.
AB Moving Address Change
We recommend notifying all provincial and federal services about your change of address upon arrival in Alberta. HMC Alberta can provide you with a full list of government services that should be informed:
- Service Canada
- Service Alberta
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Pension Plan
- Student loan providers
- Employment Insurance
- Ministry of Health
Also, it may be convenient for you to either use an online service or to visit a Services Alberta kiosk to change the address on your Health Card, Driver's Licence, Vehicle Registration and Outdoors Card.
Moreover, there is a list of institutions you may also want to notify, some of which are:
- Telephone and cable providers
- Banks, and credit card companies
- Insurance companies
- Doctors, dentists, and other professionals
- Magazine or newspaper subscriptions
- Any subscription companies
AB moving tax credit return
In some cases, you are qualified for a tax return and can claim your moving expenses if:
- You moved to a new home in Alberta with the purpose of running a business or working locally;
- You moved to Alberta to be a full-time student at a university, college or another post-secondary institution.
Not to mention your new home has to be located at least 40 kilometres or closer to your new work or school. HMC Alberta experts can guide you with filling out forms, gathering the right documents and advise you about moving taxes and returns.