When it comes to packing, people usually get scared of the choice of supplies and confuse on what amount of materials they need. If you don’t have time, energy or interest in packing yourself, professional packers will do the job for you with utmost care, and quality moving supplies delivered. But if you wish to do packing yourself, follow this guide to discover which kind of supplies suits your needs.
First of all, you have to determine a complete list of possessions, kitchenware and clothes that have to be packed and relocated. The inventory list will help you to estimate what amount of supplies you require. Moreover, you may pick some supplies from the short list below.
Boxes can be different sizes, but the rule of a thumb states: “heavier the item – smaller is the box.”
- Small Moving Boxes are specially designed for small but weighty items such as books, canned goods and tools. Their volume is typically 1.5-2.5 cu ft.
- Medium Moving Boxes are perfect for objects of moderate density and weight including shoes, toys, and kitchen appliances. The volume of these boxes is 3 to 4 cu ft.
- Large Moving Boxes are ideal for lightweight bulky household clothes such as blankets, pillows, linen and towels, while the volume of the box may vary from 5 to 6 cu ft.
- Mirror / Picture Box is excellent for shipping artwork and pictures with frames, delicate and fragile items such as mirrors.
- TV Box is strong and sturdy enough for flat panel TV shipping, and it’s advisable to use it with additional cushioning materials for extra protection.
- Lamp Carton Boxe is perfectly suitable for transporting lamps, telescopes, carpets and elongated sporting tools.
- Dishpack Box is the best solution for transporting dishes and glasses; the box is supplemented by the additional protecting kit, which is sold separately.
- Wardrobe Box keeps your clothes organized and protected from dirt during your relocation. It is ideal for dresses, jackets and winter coats.
- Newsprint Packing Paper is mainly used to prevent wrapped items from scratching and, if crunched up, may be used as a reliable void filler.
- ShrinkWrap is perfect for all moving needs since it tightens your furniture and valuable belongings, keeps doors and drawers closed and is elastic to wrap shaped tools.
- Bubble Wrap provides the air cushioning during moving of fragile items including vases, glassware, antique and flat screen TV.
- Packing Tape is literally used everywhere during the packing process, especially to seal boxes; don’t forget to stock up in advance.
- Hercules has developed several types of moving kits, sets of cartons and moving supplies that will be enough to pack your belongings. The size of moving packages depends on the size of your residence.
Our dedicated moving experts are open for your questions and are ready to provide tips and estimate on how many boxes and supplies you will need.
If you are looking for the ultimate source of moving and packing supplies, we offer you to purchase them directly from our Moving Boxes Online store. We will build an inventory list, deliver packing materials to you, and process the transfer of your inventory.
Plastic Bin Rentals
- Plastic Moving Bins are way sturdier and more environmentally friendly than cartons; they are reusable and can be marked or labelled.
Custom Crates with HMC
- The custom crate is a service, which HMC will provide to pack and move your antiques, artwork, chandeliers or any other bulky and valuable items that require special care.